søndag 30. desember 2018
torsdag 27. desember 2018
mandag 24. desember 2018
søndag 16. desember 2018
søndag 9. desember 2018
tirsdag 20. november 2018
søndag 18. november 2018
lørdag 10. november 2018
I like magic! Early next morning I was dreaming. That is I believed I was dreaming. As on the previous days, some early morning birds were chirping so I am not sure. When I turned around in bed, the small box was there once again. Nothing rattled inside. I opened the box. There were some sheets of paper. I wanted to read chapter 10.
Then there was no more. The paper was white. White. I flipped the page. Nothing. I put the paper back and closed the box. Then opened it one more time. I do not know why.
All of a sudden letters appeared – 10. YOU
I like magic for sure. However, this was weird. I was alone in the room. No doubt about that. Then more words popped up, one after the other.
You are the maker of these stories, I read. Stalin’s dagger is real as far as your imagination created it. I moved my eyes sideways and downwards, and it seemed the sheet of paper lived its own life. I started from the top. To my surprise what was under the first few lines disappeared. I started reading from the beginning.
- You are the maker of these stories. Stalin’s dagger is real as far as you imagination created it. Yours is the power of creation, but remember, keep remembering that you have to reign in this power. You can only open a few of many doors. You have to take care. Once you have opened one, the others are closed for you. The story of you lives its own life far beyond your control.
This was interesting! I had never experienced anything similar. My mind was bubbling. What was happening? I continued reading.
- You are swimming in a lukewarm sea, and reaches the shore of an isolated island. As you rest in the sand, you wonder if you are the only living human being here. You are thirsty. The sun is relentlessly hot.
What did I want to do? Yes, what did I want? I stopped reading for a brief moment. Thinking. Imagining. Sure I wanted many things. But I had to choose. Choose what? The time traveller? I had to decide and go on reading.
- You rise up. You want water. There has to be water around. You walk along the beach close to the sea, and detect a small stream. Crystal clear water is caressing round pebbles. You lie down and drink you fill. The stream comes from somewhere.
Somewhere? Where was somewhere? I wanted to know. Definitely! I had to continue reading. Was my mind playing me tricks? Somewhere. No more words to read. I had to stop thinking and start reading.
- You hear the sound of water trickling over and between pebbles. The surroundings are lush and green. Blue damsel flies are hovering in the air, wings moving in slow motion.
The time traveller. Were I to meet him some place? I was not sure. My head was boiling like a pot of steaming water. Thoughts were ricocheting inside my skull.
- You see a small waterfall ahead, across a small pond full of waterlilies. A sweet fragrance fills the air. Close to the waterfall a young woman is sitting, here legs crossed one over the other. You know, or at least you should know – this woman is destined for you and you are destined for her.
A mighty thunderclap followed. The page was empty. No more words. Only white paper.
End of chapter 10. To be continued in chapter 11.
mandag 5. november 2018
lørdag 3. november 2018
fredag 2. november 2018
mandag 29. oktober 2018
søndag 28. oktober 2018
lørdag 27. oktober 2018
onsdag 19. september 2018
søndag 2. september 2018
onsdag 29. august 2018
I like magic! Early next morning I was dreaming. That is I believed I was dreaming. As on the previous days, some early morning birds were chirping so I am not sure. When I turned around in bed, the small box was there once again. Nothing rattled inside. I opened the box. There were some sheets of paper. I started reading chapter 9.
9. ADOLF HITLER
- Adolf Hitler, John said. – I feel a chill creeping down my spine when uttering that name. It is as if the sun disappears behind a black cloud and raindrops of blood start falling.
- There he is, Jill cried. – The time traveller!
The air grew misty, the landscape dissolved for a few moments. Then it reappeared, but everything had changed. Bumblebees were buzzing, and dragonflies were hovering.
- - Where you brought us today, John asked.
- - Do you like the place? This is the Daeli Lake or Dælivannet as they say in Norway.
- - Yes, it is nice, very nice. Adolf Hitler was of the same opinion when he visited the lake together with Vidkun Quisling. Adolf had heard about the lake when he had plans of being a painter back in Vienna. Together with Quisling he visited Fleskum farm and together they walked down to the lake. It was a summer’s day just like today. Do you see the blue damselflies paddling over the water lilies? Hitler was enthralled with what he saw.
- - I can very well understand why he liked the place, Jill said. - It has an air of tranquillity and peace even today. Why did he not stay?
- - He had small money, and Quisling would not help because probably he had no money, too. This was where and that was why their friendship ended just here.
- - Only a small amount of money could have changed history and the lives of millions of people?
Jill was surprised.
- - Yes, the time traveller said. – This is how things work.
- - I think I want to go for a swim.
- - That is exactly what Hitler and Quisling did. The water was lukewarm and yellow and white waterlilies were clinging to their arms on the way out to the deep part of the lake.
- - Then Hitler went back to Vienna, Jill asked. - He met Stalin in Café Central, and things unknown at the time to the persons present happened?
- - Yes.
- - I have never heard that Hitler visited Norway?
- - He did not tell, and nobody cared.
- - So if Quisling had some money to spare, it is possible that he had stayed in Norway. It is weird to think that these bluewinged damselflies are the offspring of the damselflies from more than a hundred years ago.
- - You know, said the time traveller, - that almost everything is interconnected at some level. It is like magic.
- - At some level, Jill asked.
- - Most people want to find reasons for everything. They ask why, and they eventually find answers all the time. It is amazing.
- - Do I really want to go swimming in the same lake where Hitler and Quisling were enjoying a swim long time ago?
- - Up to you, Jill, the time traveller said.
A second later Jill went head first into the water between the water lilies.
End of chapter 9. To be continued in chapter 10.
søndag 19. august 2018
mandag 6. august 2018
I like magic! Early next morning I was dreaming. That is I believed I was dreaming. As on the previous days, some early morning birds were chirping so I am not sure. When I turned around in bed, the small box was there once again. Nothing rattled inside. I opened the box. There were some sheets of paper. I started reading chapter 8.
8. ALOÏS SCHICKLGRUBER
- Will the time traveller arrive today, John asked, looking at Jill.
- Just close your eyes and wait. He will come as he does every day.
The leaves of the aspen trees were rustling in a weak breeze, and there he was. The time traveller.
- - In Herrengasse in Vienna there is a coffeehouse named Café Central. That is where we will go today. I hope you like coffee, the time traveller said.
- - What is interesting about that place, Jill wondered.
- - Not very much. However, we will visit the café in the summer of 1913. You just keep quiet. Then we mingle with the guests if we find a table to sit down. Café Central was a meeting place for a plethora of people at that time. You will see.
- - That man sitting smoking a cigar? Is it Sigmund Freud or not? Yes, it has to be him.
- - Yes, it is Sigismund Schlomo Freud. In later life he got cancer from excessive cigar smoking.
- - The young lady sitting at his table, who is she?
- - That is Sabina Nikolayevna Spielrein.
- - I think I have heard her name. Was she not shot dead by an SS death squad near Rostov-on-Don together with 27,000 mostly Jewish victims?
- - That happened later. But have a look who is coming there!
- - It is Adolf Hitler, John and Jill exclaimed. – He looks young. It seems that he knows Freud?
- - Not too much, but he contacted Freud before he left home because of problems with his father. Aloïs Hitler.
- - I have heard that Adolf’s father was Aloïs Schicklgruber, John asked.
- - That was his mother’s surname. His father’s was Hiedler, but someone in the family changed it to Hitler.
- - I think you have arranged this meeting!
John look the time traveller straight in his eyes.
- - Here are other customers who I think I know. That man sitting playing chess there. He looks like Leon Bronstein. And whom is Adolf Hitler contacting? The one with the pockmarked face.
- - It is Stavros Papadopoulos, a Greek national. At least that is what his passport says.
- - No, it is not. Why is he carrying that dagger? Is it not Stalin’s dagger? And the small man sipping coffee alone? It has to be Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov! Take care! Do not let Hitler touch that dagger! This is about the future of Europe!
- - It is too late. I am sorry. The two of them have met before.
- - I want you to stop this, Jill exclaimed.
- - I cannot, the time traveller almost whispered.
- - What about the other guests in Café Central?
- - They do not know. Adolf Hitler has no idea about his role in the years to come. As for now his hope is to be an artist. You see that man in the corner, reading a newspaper? His name is Josip Broz. Later he will be the leader of Yugoslavia under the name of Tito.
- - So close to changing history, and we can do nothing.
- - Yes, the time traveller said.
Jill and John heard a rustling in the aspen leaves, and Café Central faded away.
End of chapter 8. To be continued in chapter 9.