torsdag 7. juni 2012

”Strong wind and turbulent at Khao Sadao”




in the weekend. I got two short interesting flights on Saturday. Sometimes my ground speed was negative. In addition the wind direction was very much along the hillside when you got some meters up. Not very much lift when the wind is blowing along the hang.

During the first flight I suddenly got the option of top landing. Which I did.

The second flight was very much up and down. 5 meter and more a second down. A moment later it went up more than 5 meter a second. The wing was nervous at the wing tips and you could not relax very much (and that’s what I like to do when flying).

Top landing was difficult. On the way down quite close to the ground the ground speed was positive and negative. Pressing the speed bar as far out as possible and still not very much penetration I decided to go for the small main landing. Quite a lot of wind down there, too. More than I expected.

We slept on top of the mountain after eating sitting by the fire. For some reason in Norway you cannot make a fire in summertime as you could do some fifty years ago. Here in Thailand it is up to you if you take care. Nice sitting by the fire listening to the cicadas. Temperature 25 to 30 degrees and a smooth breeze makes you feel veeeery comfortable.

Ingen kommentarer: