mandag 12. november 2012

”Wills Wing Falcon 3 at Khao Sadao, but not at Khao Phrik…”




I hope my hangglider enjoyed the trip to Khao Sadao. No flying due to tailwind. I walked up to Khao Phrik – 10 minutes of sweating, sun, and 34 degrees in the shadow.

The wind was from the left, that is NNE, so I didn’t carry any glider (para- and especially hangglider). Someone had cut bushes and trees in front of the start, but still there were some obstacles. I would not start there with a paraglider if I was not more than 100 % sure to be lifted up right after take off.

Today machines start making a road up to a new take off at Khao Phrik. Ten days from now the road will be finished (so they say), and we will have a supreme take off on wind from northerly directions. Then Khao Sadao and nearby Khao Phrik will be the Mecca of paragliding and hanggliding in Thailand.

Ingen kommentarer: