onsdag 16. januar 2013

”Phu Thap Boek and Khao Sadao”











Sleeping in a tent at 1.750 meters asl is quite cold even in Thailand. Still there were lots of Thais up there.

Last Friday to Saturday there was a paraglider meeting at Phu Thap Boek. About 70 pilots were present including 3 hangglider pilots (including me). The wind was from the back, from the side and I did not unpack my hangglider. Seeing the two other hangglider pilots take off I think that was a very wise decision…

Starting with a paraglider in conditions like these is much easier because the wing is many meters above your head. Two flights for me and lits of flights for the other pilot.

The Hmong people on the mountain grow cabbage, sunflowers, and strawberries.

A special longicorn beetle stayed on top of our tent for several days.



On Sunday we went to Khao Sadao together with Yann from France. As the thermals were not very strong I chose to fly my paraglider. Just outside Wat Khao Sadao a smooth thermal lifted me up to 1.618 meters asl. As the wind up there would carry me towards Dan Khun Thot and Chayaphum I chose to go down for a top landing.

Ingen kommentarer: