onsdag 16. desember 2009

”You’ll find it on the Internet! A pandemic hoax.”

When I go on the Internet I usually find what I want. Whatever it is. Sometimes I wonder if it due to the fact (!!!) that I’m especially clever (but I know that’s far away from the truth).

No, the reason is evident and easy to grasp for any nitwit. You find EVERYTHING on the Internet! Whatever you want! The Internet is kind of a huge shopping mall for curious and naive minds.

I like to compare the Internet to a complicated, intertwined system of roads. Before, in the Stone Age or around that time, when you where going to a destination you just went there. No big thing. But now things are different. Inside the maze of roads on the net you seldomly reach your destination. On your way you very often forget why you started. You get lost and end up in a totally different place.

Just now quite a lot of prominent (?) people has met in Copenhagen. I have grasped that much that there is something about global warming. The culprit is the greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide, methane etc.). Simpleminded as I am, I would think that the the real culprit is that we are too clever reproducing. We are too many people on this earth. Why is this no big issue in the debate about global warming? Surely I will find something about this on the net (if I want to, and use some time searching).

But I won’t waste too much time on this because I know I will find what I look for. Today I read on the net that the famous (or infamous) ”hockey model” about temperature change during the last 1000 years had been ”fixed”. The temperature decrease of some of the last decades in the 20th century had been omitted because the did not suit the model. I do not know what to believe or not, but find it conspicuous that this is mentioned in the beginning of the final week of the conference in Copenhagen.

Another thing is that we live in a period of successive ice ages. Someone says there has been at leat 20 during the last two million years. The last one came to an end about 9000 years ago. Shortly after this there maybe was a spell of warm climate which made all the glaciers in Norway og away (see the Norwegian version of Wikipedia).

It is also a fact (according to climate scientists) that every new ice age started with a spell of warm climate followed by an increase in the CO2 level. The difference now, they say, is that now the CO2 level rises first, and this will probably be followed by a temperature increase.

I will not conclude that a new human induced ice age is imminent. But this could truly be a possibility. Although the mechanisms starting major climate changes are many and complicated, they can be as easy as this scenario: GLOBAL HEATING CAUSES INCREASED PRECIPITATION (RAIN AND SNOW). THE RIVERS OF NORTH AMERICA AND RUSSIA/SIBERIA WILL CARRY MORE FRESH WATER INTO THE NORTHERN SEAS. THE SALINITY IN ARCTIC WATERS WILL DECREASE AND AN INCREASING PART OF THE ARCTIC SEA WILL BE COVERED BY ICE. THE GLACIER ON GREENLAND WILL GROW DUE TO MORE SNOWFALL. THE NORTHERN PARTS OF THE CONTINENTS WILL BE COVERED BY SNOW (AND ICE) FOR A LONGER PERIOD. THE ANTARCTIC CONTINENT WILL EXPERIENCE INCREASED SNOWFALLS, AND THE GLACIERS HERE WILL GROW. A NEW ICE AGE HAS STARTED.

I think if the increase of CO2 comes after or before the rise in temperature is no big deal. I think it is irrelevant. The important thing is that a rise in temperature will automatically lead to increased precipitation. The crucial thing is if that precipitation comes as rain or snow. More snow on the Antarctic continent will lead to accumulation of ice.

Still I have an open mind concerning global heating or global cooling. But I worry when there is consensus, and many facts are still lacking. We are humans, and for some reason we like to move in herds. We do not like to think too much. In fact the name of our species (homo sapiens sapiens) is misleading, I think.

Evidence of the lack of the ability of reasoning are communist Sovjet Union, nazi Germany, communist China, islamic suicide bombers, the ongoing war against terrorism (where even Norway plays a small part), and now the ”war” against global warming.

In the headline I mention ”A pandemic hoax”. Concerning the ongoing swine flue (which now has caused about 10.000 deaths compared to on an average 500.000!!! deaths from the annual flues). I still wonder why it is not officially mentioned that THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A PANDEMIC IF THE PANDEMIC DEFINITION HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED IN MAY 2009? (See http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svineinfluensa)

No, I do definitely not believe in homo sapiens sapiens’ abilities of reasoning.

This was a report from the outback, from ”lang khao – behind the mountain” or ”ban nok – where the birds live” in Thai, or from ”der pepper’n gror” in Norwegian.

Ingen kommentarer: