tirsdag 8. mars 2011

”Delving in ancient lore”


About one week ago I happened to be the owner of a Kindle readingboard. In the days that have passed I have been ”treasure hunting” inside gutenberg.com. I feel happy and contented! Really!

I do not care very much about the books I can buy at Amazon.com. At least not for the moment.

As I am interested in almost ”everything” I have downloaded plays by Aischylos who wrote about 2.500 years ago, the diary of Lorenzo da Vinci, Homer’s Odyssey, Hernando Cortez’ defeating Montezuma and his conquest of Mexico, and 30 other books, of which I am reading about 15 simultaneously.

Modern literature is quite OK, but what you will experience if you go back in time, is that the reasoning and art of expression is different in older literature. Sometimes I wonder if this has something to do with educating the illiterate masses in modern times compared to the elitist education long time ago.

In my small, not to say minuscule, Kindle I can carry a library of hundreds of book. I can read some passages, and when i want to change to another book, there are automatic bookmarks where I stop.

Reading boards are a treat for people who love to read.

Ingen kommentarer: