mandag 14. mars 2011

”Paramotoring in Khorat – trike”


Saturday evening and Sunday morning I had my two first flights with my paramotor trike. Launching is much easier. No carrying around a backpack of almost 40 kilos. The only thing that worries me is that there are not too many landings suitable for wheeled aircraft around here. But I guess the solution to this is to keep high – at 1.500 to 2.000 meters. Then I should be able to find a landing if I have a motor cut.

On Sunday morning there was some wind, and two pilots were waiting for the wind to slow down. As I am a timid pilot concerning launching I almost decided not to fly. But then I did as I use to do before launching. I watched the wind for a while, strength and direction. Then I let my mind and thoughts move freely, not thinking about to fly or not to fly. When I got the good feeling that the conditions were OK, I made ready for a launch.

There was some wind up there. Maybe 10 knots. The windshear where the wind met the more stagnant air of the morning inversion was not troublesome. But I chose not to do training at landings. Better do this in smooth winds.

Next weekend there is a paramotor meeting close to Khao Yai. Two weeks from now there is a paraglider meeting at Khao Sadao.

Ingen kommentarer: