torsdag 30. september 2010

”Caol Ila”


”Aged 12 years. Islay single malt whisky. Out of sight, in a remote cove near Port Askaig lies Caol Ila, hidden gem among Islay’s distillieries since 1846. Not easy to find, Caol Ila’s single malt is nonetheless highly prized among devotees of the Islay style.” This is part of what you can read on the label. I have an almost sacral feeling before I let a drop of this whisky touch my tongue.

Definitely a taste of peat, but not too pungent. Absolutely worth a try if you go for Scotch whisky. About this quote I found on the Internet I have no opinion: ”Caol Ila regnes som en av de lettere Islay-whiskyene. På nesen finner man torv-røyk med tydelige florale noter. På smaken finner man ofte tang, jod, medisinsk, røyk, salt og sødme med en tørr avslutning.”

Ingen kommentarer: